XML Parser is a software that checks whether or not XML Parser document is well-formed or valid/it extracts data from XML file builds a data structure similar to a structure. as a human form sentences from given words, recognize errors make corrections, parser encodes syntax by breaking them down into small components from a structure. parsing involves certain rules regulations.
A parser that only checks whether a code is well-formed or not is called a non-validating parser. it does not check for the validity of a document.there are a number of XML Parser available in the market.
XML Parser Types
There are Two Types of XML Parser
DOM (Document Object Model)
A DOM document is an associate object contains all data of associated XML document. it’s composed sort of a tree structure. The DOM computer programme implements a DOM API. This API is incredibly straightforward to use.
Features of DOM Parser
A DOM computer programme creates inside structure in memory that could be a DOM document object also consumer applications get info of first XML document by invoking strategies on this document object.
DOM parser includes a tree primarily based structure.
1) DOM Parser supports each scan and writes operations also API is incredibly straightforward to use.
2) DOM Parser most well-liked once random access to widely separated elements of a document is needed.
1)DOM Parser memory inefficient. (consumes additional memory as a result of the complete XML document must load into memory).
2)DOM Parser relatively slower than alternative parsers.
SAX (Simple API for XML)
A SAX Parser implements SAX API. This API is associate event-based API and fewer intuitive. Features of SAX Parser
SAX Parser doesn’t produce any internal structure. Clients don’t understand what strategies to decision, they only override the strategies of the API and place his own code within a technique.
It is an occurrence primarily based computer program, it works as an occurrence handler in Java.
1) SAX Parser straightforward and memory economical.
2) SAX Parser No time and works for large documents.
1) Event-based therefore API is a smaller amount intuitive.
2) Purchasers never understand total info as a result of the information is broken into items.
XML Parser used Example
- Simple API for XML(SAX) Parser-SAX Parser is an event-driven parser. You offer the recall ways and therefore programme invokes them because it reads the XML data.
- Document Object Model (DOM)Parser-XML Document Object Model (XML DOM)defines a standard way for accessing and manipulating XML documents. DOM read XML documents as a tree structure. Their content is often changed or deleted, and new parts are often created. The elements, The parts, their text, and their attributes square measure all called nodes.
- XML Style Sheet (XSLT) Parser XSL is used to define how the XML File should be converted so that it can be seen in the required format in the browser.
Read also Related Article